Our 25th Anniversary Celebration went off with a bang, commencing with our Insider’s Sale on Thursday night, and ending on June 7th after a record attendance of over 2000 shoppers at the Factory Sale main event. Sale-goers enjoyed free cupcakes, a live DJ, a Silver Ticket treasure hunt, and of course, thousands of discounted goods. Overall, the event was loads of fun for everyone, and thank you to all those customers who joined us for the celebration! If you missed out this time, here is a photo summary of what went down:
Thursday Night Insider’s Sale
Saturday Main Event
If you haven’t been to one of our Factory Sales, then you’re in for one spectacular treat. Every year, thousands of customers line up for a chance to rush through aisles of modernist furniture of every size, shape, and color. First and foremost, we’ve created a map to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. You can also see where to check out, where to find delivery services, and where the grub is!
Since the atmosphere can get a little wild at times, it’s best to know what to expect when you arrive Saturday morning. Here’s a few insider’s tips:
- Variety is the spice of life! Shop with the understanding that the factory sale items are seconds, items with discontinued finishes and fabrics, returns, products with slight damage, and over-runs. You may also find products used as props in film and TV. This is a one-day sales event, and there will be no preview available beforehand.
- All items are sold as is and all sales are final.
- Are you holding? There will be no holds placed on items during the sale.
- Get your papers in order. Make sure to have a sales person write up an invoice for you before you go to the cashier. Cashiers will not be able to write up invoices.
- Cash is king! It’s the quickest way to get you through the checkout lines. We will also accept Visa and Master Card. However, please keep your check books at home. We will not accept personal or corporate checks.
- Buddy system principle: If you plan to buy multiple items, it would be wise to shop with a friend who could wait in line for you while you shop the sale. Since there are no holds, shoppers will have 15-20 minutes to pay for the items that they want to purchase. After you have finished, you can return the favor. The buddy principle in action!
- Does that daybed need a ride? Delivery will be available. Delivery appointments and payments for the items must be made and paid for at the time of purchase. Rates will vary on zones and delivery scheduling will be based on zones. (It’s all very complicated involving many colored charts and graphs. But don’t worry, we will handle it all for you.)
- Can’t take it with you? Saturday not a good day to move furniture? No worries, pick up your items on Sunday. Please note that all items purchased on Saturday must be moved out of our factory by Sunday afternoon.
- Stay in the (k)now! Subscribe to Modernica’s mailing list for updates regarding this sale, upcoming promotions, and special events. Make sure to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for constant updates both before and during the sale.
Delivery & Will Call
WILL CALL IS FOR SUNDAY, June 8th ONLY.
Orders not picked up by noon on Sunday, June 8th will be delivered with a 50% Standard Delivery Upcharge Fee.
MODERNICA LOCAL DELIVERY PRICES
We’ll need to add on $15 per flight of stairs and there is a $100 purchase minimum. Prices are based on zones, zones are listed below.
- ZONE 1 – Hollywood/Downtown: $145 – Near the showroom-Hollywood-Larchmont-Miracle Mile-Silver lake-Mt. Washington-Echo Park- Glendale- Eagle Rock
- ZONE 2 – San Fernando Valley: $170
N. Hollywood-Universal Area-Studio City-Panorama-Encino-Reseda-Sherman Oaks-Pacoima
- ZONE 3 – Valley: $195
Woodland Hills-West Hills-Tarzana-Agoura-Calabasas
- ZONE 4 – San Gabriel Valley-: $145
- ZONE 5 – West Los Angeles: $170
Westwood-Brentwood-UCLA Area-Santa Monica-Venice-LAX Area-Marina Del Rey-Culver City
- ZONE 6 – Beaches: $195
Malibu-Zuma-Redondo-Manhattan-Hermosa-Pacific Palisades-Palos Verdes
- ZONE 7 – Ventura/Desert: $320
Riverside-Santa Barbara-San Bernardino-Palm Springs-Palm Desert-Hemet
- ZONE 8 – Long Beach: $195
San Pedro-Lakewood-Seal Beach
- ZONE 9 – Orange County: $220
Laguna Beach-Newport Beach-Huntington Beach-Anaheim-Irvine-Santa Ana
Modernica Showroom Hours from 6/5 – 6/7/14
- Friday June 6: 10am – 6pm
- Saturday June 7: Closed
Modernica is proud to offer a vast selection of Fiberglass colors for our line of Shell Chairs. If you’ve been keeping up with the 52 Colors in 52 Weeks program, then you’ve seen some of the new (and occasionally wild!) colors that our Fiberglass technicians have created. Among these are TEN different shades of green, from the palest “Celery” to the deepest “Army.”
This Saturday, we’ll have all of the new 52 in 52 colors available for sale, along with a few experimental colors and textures that you’ve never seen before. So come on out and see (or buy) all ten shades of green, along with 20+ more colors!
Want to know how they do it? The Fiberglass Shell Chair Factory will be running throughout the sale, so you can get up close and personal with the historical Zenith Fiberglass Presses and see the magic.
Here’s a little sneak peek at what we’re up to this week, preparing for the 25th Anniversary Factory Sale. As you can see, we will be featuring all of the brand new chairs we’ve created this year for the 52 Colors in 52 Weeks program, including our latest Dayglo Series! See these as well as our experimental fiberglass colors and textures at the Sale. Excited yet?