Your Shopping Guide for the Modernica 25th Anniversary Factory Sale
If you haven’t been to one of our Factory Sales, then you’re in for one spectacular treat. Every year, thousands of customers line up for a chance to rush through aisles of modernist furniture of every size, shape, and color. First and foremost, we’ve created a map to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. You can also see where to check out, where to find delivery services, and where the grub is!
Since the atmosphere can get a little wild at times, it’s best to know what to expect when you arrive Saturday morning. Here’s a few insider’s tips:
- Variety is the spice of life! Shop with the understanding that the factory sale items are seconds, items with discontinued finishes and fabrics, returns, products with slight damage, and over-runs. You may also find products used as props in film and TV. This is a one-day sales event, and there will be no preview available beforehand.
- All items are sold as is and all sales are final.
- Are you holding? There will be no holds placed on items during the sale.
- Get your papers in order. Make sure to have a sales person write up an invoice for you before you go to the cashier. Cashiers will not be able to write up invoices.
- Cash is king! It’s the quickest way to get you through the checkout lines. We will also accept Visa and Master Card. However, please keep your check books at home. We will not accept personal or corporate checks.
- Buddy system principle: If you plan to buy multiple items, it would be wise to shop with a friend who could wait in line for you while you shop the sale. Since there are no holds, shoppers will have 15-20 minutes to pay for the items that they want to purchase. After you have finished, you can return the favor. The buddy principle in action!
- Does that daybed need a ride? Delivery will be available. Delivery appointments and payments for the items must be made and paid for at the time of purchase. Rates will vary on zones and delivery scheduling will be based on zones. (It’s all very complicated involving many colored charts and graphs. But don’t worry, we will handle it all for you.)
- Can’t take it with you? Saturday not a good day to move furniture? No worries, pick up your items on Sunday. Please note that all items purchased on Saturday must be moved out of our factory by Sunday afternoon.
- Stay in the (k)now! Subscribe to Modernica’s mailing list for updates regarding this sale, upcoming promotions, and special events. Make sure to Like us on Facebook and Follow us on Twitter for constant updates both before and during the sale.
Delivery & Will Call
WILL CALL IS FOR SUNDAY, June 8th ONLY.
Orders not picked up by noon on Sunday, June 8th will be delivered with a 50% Standard Delivery Upcharge Fee.
MODERNICA LOCAL DELIVERY PRICES
We’ll need to add on $15 per flight of stairs and there is a $100 purchase minimum. Prices are based on zones, zones are listed below.
- ZONE 1 - Hollywood/Downtown: $145 – Near the showroom-Hollywood-Larchmont-Miracle Mile-Silver lake-Mt. Washington-Echo Park- Glendale- Eagle Rock
- ZONE 2 - San Fernando Valley: $170
N. Hollywood-Universal Area-Studio City-Panorama-Encino-Reseda-Sherman Oaks-Pacoima
- ZONE 3 - Valley: $195
Woodland Hills-West Hills-Tarzana-Agoura-Calabasas
- ZONE 4 - San Gabriel Valley-: $145
- ZONE 5 - West Los Angeles: $170
Westwood-Brentwood-UCLA Area-Santa Monica-Venice-LAX Area-Marina Del Rey-Culver City
- ZONE 6 – Beaches: $195
Malibu-Zuma-Redondo-Manhattan-Hermosa-Pacific Palisades-Palos Verdes
- ZONE 7 - Ventura/Desert: $320
Riverside-Santa Barbara-San Bernardino-Palm Springs-Palm Desert-Hemet
- ZONE 8 - Long Beach: $195
San Pedro-Lakewood-Seal Beach
- ZONE 9 - Orange County: $220
Laguna Beach-Newport Beach-Huntington Beach-Anaheim-Irvine-Santa Ana
Modernica Showroom Hours from 6/5 – 6/7/14
- Friday June 6: 10am – 6pm
- Saturday June 7: Closed
Modernica’s 25th Anniversary Factory Sale Preview
Here’s a little sneak peek at what we’re up to this week, preparing for the 25th Anniversary Factory Sale. As you can see, we will be featuring all of the brand new chairs we’ve created this year for the 52 Colors in 52 Weeks program, including our latest Dayglo Series! See these as well as our experimental fiberglass colors and textures at the Sale. Excited yet?
Modernica’s ever-anticipated Factory Sale will be returning to our Los Angeles Factory on Saturday, June 7th, 2014. Along with the deep discounts and amazing deals, customers can take part in our 25th Anniversary celebration!
The sale will feature hundreds of products from our standard product line, such as Fiberglass Shell Chairs and George Nelson Bubble Lamps, as well as Case Study Stainless outdoor furniture, bedroom, and dining furniture, at incredible prices.
Since 2014 marks the 25th “Silver” Anniversary of Modernica, we’re celebrating by putting on the most festive Factory Sale to date. Throughout the event, customers will have multiple opportunities to win additional discounts and prizes, and of course, no one wants to miss out on a 25th Anniversary cupcake!
Other attractions include a first-hand look at our historic manufacturing processes in the Fiberglass Shell Chair factory, which will be operating throughout the day, and some of LA’s most popular food trucks.
Contests and Treasure Hunts at the Factory Sale!
Our 25th Anniversary celebration wouldn’t be complete without a few contests and prizes to make things a little more festive! Here’s a few of the fun and games we have in store.
Silver Tickets Treasure Hunt
For the first time ever, we’ll be incorporating a little treasure hunt into our Factory Sale. Special silver certificates will be hidden throughout the Factory Sale floor. Each ticket will represent a cash value that can be used towards your Modernica Factory Sale purchase. Tickets in values of $50 – $500 will be hidden, so keep your eyes wide open! If you find one, bring it to the nearest Modernica sales associate for redemption.
We love our Instagram followers, and this time we’re putting on a contest just for you. You could win a Case Study Tabletop Planter just by posting a photo to Instagram! To enter, simply post a photo of your favorite Factory Sale find and use hashtag #modernica25. A winner will be chosen at random and announced the following week.
Facebook Check-In Rewards
And we couldn’t leave out our Facebook Fans! When you arrive at the Sale on Saturday, Check In to our Factory Sale Event on Facebook and you’ll be automatically entered to win a Fiberglass Arm Shell Rocker. A winner will be chosen at random and announced the following week.
Food, Entertainment, and Highlights of Modernica’s 25th Anniversary Factory Sale
As if hundreds of discounted products and deals were not enough to keep you happy at our upcoming Factory Sale, we’ve also planned a variety of delectable treats and entertainment to make your experience complete!
To Fill Your Belly:
Border Grill Truck
Everyone’s favorite upscale Mexican fare will be hot and fresh out of the Border Grill Truck! Gourmet tacos, quesadillas, ceviches, and more from “Too Hot Tamales” Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger.
Greenz on Wheels
Greenz on Wheels is LA’s only salad truck, with a health-inspired menu of salads, wraps, and sandwiches. This is the perfect choice for busy shoppers looking for a light lunch!
Coffee by Blue Bottle
According to founder James Freeman, Blue Bottle “Only sells coffee less than 48 hours out of the roaster.. so they may enjoy coffee at its peak of flavor. We only use the finest, most delicious, and responsibly-sourced beans.” With a mission statement like that, it’s no wonder why the coffee is positively mouthwatering.
Ice Cream by Sweet Lucie’s
Sweet Lucie‘s is a veteran of the Factory Sale and a favorite among shoppers and Modernica employees alike. No one can get enough of their creamy, homemade, organic treats.
Dance to the Music
Two different DJs will be coming in to add a little life to the festivities. You can always take a little break from shopping to bust a move!
DJ Money Mark
Money Mark, aka, Mark Ramos-Nishita, studied music every day since the age of ten. Since then he has worked with the likes of the Beastie Boys, Karen O, and Guy Ritchie.
DJ/Drummer Patrick Keeler
DJ Patrick Keeler is an American rock music drummer from Cincinnati, who best known for playing in The Greenhornes and The Raconteurs. Today he’s a world-class DJ and plays drums for an electric band called DOHM.
There will also be contests and tons of prizes to be had at the Sale, but we don’t want to spill the beans just yet. Stay tuned for more!